This recipe is from Our Best Bites. I've made it twice now. It's really good!
12 C popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels)*
1 C roughly chopped pecans
1 C brown sugar
3/4 t cinnamon
1/4 C K syrup (or honey makes a good substitution)
1 stick real butter (1/2 C)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
3 squares almond bark
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop your popcorn, add your pecans. Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot combine brown sugar, cinnamon, Karo syrup and butter. (Our Best Bites blog says to do this in the microwave, but I like doing it over the stove. I think you get more accurate results when you do it that way.) Cook this over medium low heat until it is dissolved and bubbly. Then, remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla. It will start to foam and get really big. Pour it all over the popcorn/pecans and stir until all is coated.
- Spread this out in a jelly roll pan or two 9x13 pans lined with foil and cook in oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring ever 15 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile melt your almond bark according to package directions. (Again, I prefer over the stove.) After you have removed your popcorn from the oven, drizzle the almond bark over the popcorn with a spoon or fork. Let it cool on the counter or put it in the fridge for a faster set.