My son helped me make this recipe and he couldn't help but snitch this, even unbaked. When it came out of the oven all my kids started sneaking in to get some.
8 cups oats
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup honey
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tb cinnamon
1 Tb vanilla
2 cups raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans and coconut in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients, except raisins or cranberries. Heat over medium until it begins to boil. Let boil for a minute and then pour over the dry ingredients and stir to coat.
- Pour the mixture in the lined baking sheets and cook for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Cool, stir in the raisins or cranberries and store in an airtight container.