If you like lemon, this is pretty heavenly. I frosted it with a lemon butter cream frosting, but you can use any frosting.
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tb baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter, just until coated with flour.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Add wet ingredients gradually to the dry until it is well mixed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Lemon Curd Filling
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp fresh lemon zest
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
6 Tb unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Whisk together juice, zest, sugar and eggs in a saucepan. Stir in butter and cook over medium-low heat, whisking frequently until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk and first bubbles appear on surface. (About 6 minutes.)
- Put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.